Update: You can now support McKenzie Tolliver in representing the United States in women’s tackle football in Canada this year. Donate Now!
Majestics fans, we have some exciting news! One of our defensive backs, McKenzie Tolliver, made the USA Football Women’s National Team.
The team consists of 45 players nationwide that will compete against teams of countries around the world in the Women’s World Championship.
The championship takes place in Canada this year, and we couldn’t be more honored to have one of our own make the team.
So let’s talk to McKenzie, a receiver, safety, and mom of 2, that is coming up on her 3rd year playing for the WFA and your Majestics.
Why did you want to try out for Team USA?
What have you done over the years to prepare for tryouts for team USA?
The most important thing I focused on was knowledge of the game so I could be prepared mentally for whatever defense strategy, schemes and ideas were thrown at me. My coaches and teammates helped me significantly in preparation and have always been very knowledgeable and supportive.
Were you nervous during tryouts?
You were a D1 athlete in college for swimming. Why football?
What other athletic goals do you have for the future?
What do you do in your free time?
OTHER Fun Facts about McKenzie:
- Born and Raised in Billings, MT
- Works as a regional property manager specializing in low income & affordable housing
- Married with two kids, Asher (4 yrs old) and Aaliyah (5 yrs old)
- How she gives back: volunteers with several non-profit agencies to house homeless families
- Sports played: swimming, soccer, and dance for 10 years (tap & hip-hop)
- Started swimming on the national level at 12; won various regional gold medals in various events as an age group swimmer (ages 10-18).
- Holds several state records in Montana for swimming in multiple age groups
- On all-time top 10 list at Washington State University for several swimming events